WEEK 1 – share with us your indie travel list – part resolutions, part bucket list…Put together your list of experiences you want to have this year
Ok. So years ago (probably like 10, or 11, maybe 6, its really not important, I promise) I made a resolution not to make any more New Years resolutions.
And I’ve stuck to it. (ok, so its really easy to stick to NOT doing something you don’t want to do anyway)
But I have never made any resolution saying I wouldn’t make a list of things I want to do. Especially when it’s the first prompt of the Boots n All 2012 Indie Travel Challenge. (you can read about it below.)
So here is my list of things I want to do/experience/see this year:
- 1. Start writing more, like join one of hose prompted blog topic thingys (oh, hey look, I’m already doing it…..I can cross this one off)…..AND DONE.
- Stick with writing said blog prompt thingy.
- Take photos while paragliding.
- Learn Spanish (ok, already working on this. But I failed English 3x in college. I’m so freaking American, I cant even speak my own language).
- Attend Rock en al Parque (Bogota, Colombia) and Quitofest (Quito, Ecuador) in July and August
- Visit Georgia/Armenia/Azerbaijan
- Go on another rollercoaster / amusement park (I’ve only been once)
- Do a driving trip around Colombia and
Ecuadorto photograph the countryside.
- Take a month to drive down and photograph Route 66 and see every roadside attraction advertised on Route 66
- Go back to Croatia. Drink wine.
- Start (and actually do) 365 days of photos. (easy to start, not to follow through on)
- Start visiting every location the movie THE FALL was filmed. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460791/locations (if you haven’t seen The Fall , I think you should. It is a BEAUTIFUL – visually and storytelling- movie)
- Learn to Salsa
- Learn to Tango
- See the Nazca lines
- Learn to make Chilean empanadas
- Go to the island of Komodo – Live with for a week, and write about the people that work on the Island of Komodo
- Visit coffee farms in Colombia
- Visit coffee farms in Sumatra
- Go down the Amazon on a boat
- Try surfing in Manta, Ecuador
- Take the Trans-Siberian railway
- Go to Bhutan
- Learn to sail
- Go to Devil’s Island off French Guiana
- Drink a caprihina on the beach in Bahia, Brazil
- Perform another burlesque dance in Las Vegas.
Ok, so there is like a million more things I want to do (like visit every country in the world), but that will take way over a year. Winning the lottery is also on this list, but since I don’t gamble…I don’t really think that one is going to happen.
So these are some things I would like to do this year. I am still in Medellin, so I think the South American ones are most viable right now….though I really, really do want to go to the other countries mentioned.
This is part of Boots n All 2012 Indie Travel Challenge. Each week, for the year they give a prompt to write about (or post photos about, or videos, or create an interpretive dance on. It doesn’t matter. As long as I get creative and do something.) I’m doing this in hopes of becoming a more consistent and better travel-blogger.
And maybe start an interpretive salsa dance troupe.
I wanna dance!
About Dani Blanchette
I am a freelance travel and music photographer and creator of GoingNomadic.com.
I love music, food, and exploring cities without guidebooks. I’ve flown a helicopter, hitchhiked down the east coast USA, and once snuck into the back of a zoo (in Serbia) and pet a lion.
I am always up for an adventure, and sometimes I videotape them.