Calling all food lovers, specifically street food lovers; this article might make you drool and crave but please don’t tell me I didn’t warn you. Many people love eating at five star restaurants with all those gourmet dishes stuffed on their plates, but not all people actually appreciate the beauty and the taste of eating on some of the mean streets of the city. Yes people, the treasure chest of the food industry is just right on the street, literally!
See I have travelled to many cities only to find the best street foods, which are not only awesome to the taste buds but also even perfect for the budget. The best city in the world where you can find these has to be New York City!
Name all the kinds of dishes that you want and the streets of New York have it. From American to Asian, Middle Eastern to European; I am sure that you’ll be swamping with all the good food in this city. Here are some of those that you MUST try:
- The Jalapeno NYC– I’m a massive fan of spicy food so it’s impossible that I won’t require you to taste this truck’s delicacies. So if you appreciate hot and spicy dishes like I do then you must try these Jalapenos, which Mexicans should be really proud of! They’re hot, spicy and definitely worth your money so don’t be afraid to experience blushing on the street because it’s definitely something you would want to journal about!
- The Eddie’s Pizza Truck– From Mexican food, how about you have a taste of Italian cuisine right on the street where you don’t need to make any reservation inside an expensive and fully booked restaurant. If you’re in a hurry for work or you want to maximize your trip in this city but then suddenly have this urgent craving for an authentic Italian Pizza, don’t think twice and order here! For a personal 10” pizza, ready your 10 bucks because it’s only what it costs to have your cravings for authenticity absolutely satisfied.
- The Real Good Truck– This one in my opinion is the Nirvana of all food trucks, the mother of all awesome and juicy delicacies, the fairest of them all; I’m running out of descriptions but I believe you all got what I mean. I’m saying this because I adore (and that’s just understating it) pancakes and waffles so much that I could eat them every single day! This truck just even made me love that kind of food as they have completely reinvented the idea of waffles. Even better when they have turned them into WAFFFLEWICHES! Imagine having sausages as they are sandwiched well with condiments that you love! Seriously, it’s to die for! For only $6, you have reached Nirvana! Well at least, its food truck version. I highly recommend their Andouille Sausage!
- Phil’s Steaks– Now raise your hand if you think that cheesesteaks are one of the finest creations in the world of culinary and cheese! By now you must know that I’d choose cheese over butter anytime. So going back to this truck, cheesesteaks of this truck will make you sing the Hallelujah chorus. For just $9, you can already get the whole 10’’ sandwich. And if you are trying to watch your weight, you can definitely order just half of it for $5 (which I could say is still big!). So stop by the space between Broadway and 55th street for a taste of these awesome cheesesteak sandwiches.
- Big D’s Grub Truck– I’m a big believer of breakfast and it’s indeed the most important meal of the day. I may skip dinner (which rarely happens) but there’s never a time that I remember skipping breakfast. It’s actually something I really look forward to. Anticipating what’s going to be the meal for the coming of the sun brings joy to my curious appetite on what to have that is something new other than my usual and regular pancakes and coffee and thanks to Big D’s Grub Truck, Burritos are now one of the things that I must include in my morning meal. This truck can be found at Hudson street and I don’t think you’ll miss it because it has this bright yellow color that will surely capture your eyes and your taste buds next! For only $3.50, this can already answer for your breakfast deal!
This is a guest post by Mike Payton of Complete Travel Guide
“Mike is a fan of travelling and is just as happy being lazy on a beach as he is trekking up a mountain. When not travelling he can be found in a pub drinking beer”
You can also find mike on Twitter @payt
About Dani Blanchette
I am a freelance travel and music photographer and creator of GoingNomadic.com.
I love music, food, and exploring cities without guidebooks. I’ve flown a helicopter, hitchhiked down the east coast USA, and once snuck into the back of a zoo (in Serbia) and pet a lion.
I am always up for an adventure, and sometimes I videotape them.